WBGO Newport Jazz Festival Weekend Trip
WBGO Travel invites you to bask in the fun and music at the Newport Jazz Festival August 3-7, 2017.
Performances include: Christian McBride Big Band, Cécile McLorin Salvant, Jason Moran, Snarky Puppy, Joey DeFrancesco + The People, Maceo Parker, Andra Day, The Roots, Vijay Iyer & Wadada Leo Smith, Maria Schneider Orchestra and many more. Click here for the complete 2017 Newport Jazz Festival line up!
We’re rolling out the red carpet just for you Thursday night when you check in at Newport’s only resort-style hotel, the Gurney's Newport, where you can relax, unwind, go for a swim or take a bike ride! Next, enjoy a toast to the weekend with fellow travelers with a welcome reception at the Historic Bowen's Wharf. Finally, get ready for the Friday kickoff of the Newport Jazz Festival!
Friday night it’s time to enjoy some music in your reserved box seats for the concert at the International Tennis Hall of Fame, which you can reach via WBGO's exclusive trolley service.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings, we’ll have a complimentary shuttle that will take you to the ferry dock where you'll be transported to where your music filled day awaits at the popular, legendary outdoor festival inside historic Fort Adams State Park. And we’ll make sure you are well taken care of as WBGO weekend travelers will enjoy unique and exclusive access at the festival!
Before departing back to reality on Monday, join us for a “Bon Voyage Breakfast” while you take in the relaxing view of the water. During your stay WBGO will provide you with an insider’s guide to some of the best places to visit in Newport. When the music isn’t playing, the activities department can make a list of things to do, or you can take a swim in one of the hotel’s two pools (indoor heated or saltwater outdoor), relax at the hotel spa, enjoy complimentary bike rentals, outdoor fire pits and take advantage of the 24 hour fitness center.
Details of Newport weekend package (based on double occupancy):
- Welcome reception in historic Bowen's Wharf
- 4 night hotel stay at the resort-style Gurney's Newport (Check in Thursday/Check out Monday)
- Two reserved seat concert tickets for Friday night, 8pm at The International Tennis Hall of Fame at the Newport Casino, plus round trip ground transportation to/from venue and hotel
- Two general admission festival tickets for Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- Access to WBGO shade tent on festival grounds
- Bon Voyage Breakfast at the hotel on Monday morning
- Parking at the hotel for 4 nights
**Not included in package pricing: Ferry passes to festival site, parking at festival, and transportation to and from Newport.
For performance lineup, click here.
For FAQ about the Newport Jazz Festival Weekend, click here.
For Newport Shuttle Information, click here.
Rates & Reservations:
Double Occupancy (4 nights: Check in Thursday/Check out Monday):
$3,397 - EARLY BIRD(ended 4/14/17)
- $3,497 - ADVANCE (includes above detailed package for two people ends May 5 at 5pm)
- $3,697 - REGULAR (includes above detailed package for two people)
Single Occupancy (4 nights: Check in Thursday/Check out Monday):
$2,997 - EARLY BIRD(ended 4/14/17)
- $3,197 - ADVANCE (includes above detailed package for one person ends May 5 at 5pm)
- $3,397 - REGULAR (includes above detailed package for one person)
Inquire about family rates.
Reservations: Please call WBGO Travel & Events at 1-973-624-8880 ext 283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A $500 deposit is requested upon booking. Checks payable to WBGO/Newark Public Radio. Mailed to WBGO - Attn: Travel & Events, 54 Park Place, Newark NJ 07102, or by credit card. You can also make an online deposit payment here (additional fee will apply). Full payment due by June 30, unless a special plan is arranged.
Read our Cancelation Policy.
For day trip packages to the festival, click here.